INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, October 15, 2010

User Question - Snow/Ice?

A reader wrote and asked us what our methods for coloring snow/ice are.  Here's what some of the team had to say:


Amy:
When I'm coloring snowmen most times I use BG0000, BG000, 0 but I've also used G0000, G000, B000, 0 for snow scenes and especially icicles.


Elaine:
Well, I mostly just use B0000 and B00 around the edges and in shadow areas.


Rachel:
I use the same colors for snow as I do for coloring things white: B0000, B000, B01.  B01 for the darkest parts & shadows and then blend it out to white with the other two colors.

Kim:
I would use B0000 & B00 for icy areas, BV20, BV23, BV25 for a darker purple shadows, E40, E41 for a warmer snow and C0 for light shadows... I would blend heavily with my colourless blender to blend and push these colours out. A little clear spica glitter enhances the snow glistening too!
_____________________________________

Don't forget to check out the FABULOUS challenge we have going currently, you could win one of two huge stamp sets from SCACD!  Only 5 days left!

Thanks!
~The CMC Team~

0 comments: