INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, June 4, 2010

Where do we buy our Copics and paper?

Most people have 1 place where they tend to buy most of their Copics and many of us are picky about what paper we like to use. Here are our "go to" places:

Traci : http://www.oozak.com/ because they have good prices, and excellent service and shipping!

PAPER: When I first started playing with Copics I sampled several different papers (Gina K, Neenah, Paper Trey Ink, Georgia Pacific from Wal-mart). They are all usable, but I fell in love with how my markers behave on Paper Trey Ink. It is a little thicker and I know some people think it uses too much ink, but for me, it's my must have!


Rachel : http://www.oozak.com/ They have great prices, free shipping over $50 and offer First Class shipping for orders under $50. They also ship same/next day.

PAPER: I have tried Prism Simply Smooth, Gina K Pure Luxury and Paper Trey Ink (PTI) papers. I'm 99% positive that the Prism and Gina K are the exact same thing and those are what I currently use because I love how I can blend my colors, and the paper doesn't bleed at ALL with my Copics which is great. PTI paper bleeds just a little for me which is problematic when shading tiny areas, BUT the shading ability with PTI is awesome too.

I priced it out and this was the best deal for paper for me: Gina K Pure Luxury Layering Weight

This is my Copic rack which holds 112 Sketch markers. As you can tell, I got it from carpediemstore.com and I LOVE it, it's wonderful:


Amy : http://www.oozak.com/, they have great prices and selection along with super quick shipping . And Free shipping for orders over $50.

PAPER: As paper goes, I use mostly Copic X-Press It, I get nice vibrant colors with it and because it is a bit thinner it is easier to fussy cut the image out. I also like the results I get with Paper Trey Ink white cardstock. I tried the Neenah and didn't like how it bled and even seemed to smear the ink of my stamped images in some places. But again, this is just my experience and preference for how I color =)


Kim: I originally bought a large 72 marker set from ebay, I found that http://www.refuelled.com/ and http://www.artifolk.co.uk/ has the reinkers and a larger range of colours! If you take a look at this chart I have set D and set B, also http://www.copicmarker.co.uk/ is quite near where I live, I just haven't had the chance to visit... yet, LOL!
This is my copic collection, hoping one day to have them all (we can dream hey?)


PAPER:
I get mine from here and it's not branded but what I like to look for is not too high gsm so it doesn't take all the ink from my copic pens but also a good grade so it's not at all flimsy. Ideally acid free, and smooth surface. My choice is Exclusive white card - A4 - 250gsm - CW309. I buy a bulk lot and share it with my mum to keep cost down and it's fantastic card for the card bases too, hope it helps.

Elaine:

I tend to buy most of my markers from http://www.artifolk.co.uk/ - they dispatch quickly and have a wide selection of all the markers and refills.

PAPER:
I like to play around with different papers, but for the most part I use Splendorgel Extra White 270gsm from Century Paper.


****Please note! We do not work for these companies, nor have they provided us with any materials. We have had good personal experiences with them, these are just our opinions****

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this information, I'm planning to buy more copics and I find this info very helpful :)

Anonymous said...

I love Papertrey Ink paper also!! Thanks for the info on the best places to buy copics! I just love buying them :)

Crafty Jenn said...

Great resources! Here are my US based choices: I like to buy my Copics through www.michellesscrap.com She has a lot of the colors, and if she doesn't have what you're looking for, she'll get it in for you. Fast shipping too!

I use Close To My Heart cardstock and love it. Great blending and no real bleeding problems...that I've noticed. Lol! I've tried Georgia Pacific, and it bleeds terribly.

JenRaff said...

These sites are new to me so I will have to check them out. Good info to have :)