This is often the number one question people have when getting started with Copics. It's basically a matter of opinion and preference.
- Ciao markers cost less than Sketch
- Sketch markers come in 358 colors, Ciao in 180. (as of February 2012)
- Both Sketch and Ciao's are refillable and the nibs are replaceable. Sketch markers hold more ink, a bottle of Various Ink will refill a Sketch marker 12 times and a Ciao marker 15 times.
- If you ever get into airbrushing you can use Sketch markers in the airbrush machine, but not Ciaos.
- The Ciao barrel is round, the Sketch is more oval
- Sketch markers have their color numbers and names etched on the cap, Ciaos do not.