INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 16, 2010

Quick Wood Floor Tutorial - By MacKenzie Bruckler

Make sure to scroll down and check out our first CMC  challenge, with a great prize from our sponsor, TGF!
____________________

Welcome MacKenzie, our Guest Contributor this week!  She made a simple, easy to follow tutorial on how to color woods floors that she's kindly shared with us!

MacKenzie Bruckler
 Hi, my name is MacKenzie and I'm a totally obsessed paper crafter from Northern California. When I'm not busy being my kids Mom and my husbands girlfriend, you'll find me upstairs in my purple room stamping away. I first became familiar with Copic markers through several blogs that I read. I loved the bold colors and the subtle shading that could be done. I tried to find them locally, but it was like searching for a unicorn! When my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday a couple of year ago, I showed him the 72 piece set and he ordered it for me right away.


I've never taken a class or any formal Copic training. Everything that I color is practice and trial by error. I've picked up so many fabulous techniques from online tutorials and my fellow bloggers. I never quite know what an image is going to look like until I'm done. Everyday I have the opportunity to learn something new.

 
 Wood Floors

After I had little Kiki stamped out and colored in, I thought she needed a little something in the background to ground her. I decided to try drawing my first wood floor and took pictures along the way - you know, just in case it came out well and was blog-worthy! Being my first attempt, I was thrilled with how it came out and thought I'd share it with you!


And let me just say that if I can do this, ANYONE can.
Using a ruler and a 0.05 Copic Multi Liner, I drew in a wood floor and a baseboard.




Then I used Copic E49 (Dark Bark) to scribble around the edges and do a little shading under her feet.




Then I blended in some E29 (Burnt Umber).




And filled in the rest with E57 (Light Walnut).
To finish it off, I filled in the baseboard with Y28 (Lionet Gold - not pictured).


I hope that you found this helpful and give it a try!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world today.
I hope you have a happy day!

4 comments:

Alice said...

this is fabulous! thanks for the tutorial!

Amy said...

Wonderful tutorial, thanks so much for sharing this wonderful technique!

Bridgett Owens said...

That is fantastic! Thank you!

Becky said...

This is fabulous, you did an awesome job on this floor, I have to try this my self. :)