INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Skin Colors - by Mary Giles

Welcome Mary Giles, our Guest Contributor this week!  She has graciously agreed to share her skin color samples with us today.  Stayed tuned later this week for for hair samples, they are great!
These give you a good idea not only of what colors she uses but how they look when colored.



Mary Giles 

I got started with copics about two years ago and I bought my first 12 at Dick Blick in Ohio. I was just getting into coloring images and all I had were regular markers. I was really amazed at the creations I had seen with copics and being a gadget girl I had try them for myself. It was love at first stroke, but it did take quite awhile for me to become comfortable with them and a lot of reading and studying other people's projects. I really love how copics blend and the shading details you can get from them is fabulous. Plus you can get images done pretty quick.



 Image: The Greeting Farm (Ebony)

4 comments:

Robin said...

thanks this is so handy... just moving on to copics from ProMarkers... very different but love the results for hair and skin so far. This really helps with picking colours... thanks guys! Robin

cdm317 said...

Thanks so much for the skin tutorial. I've wanted to experiment with skin tones for awhile, and now I this to follow! It's great!
Colleem

Chiara said...

Awesome!! Thank you for sharing.

Holly T. said...

thank you so much for sharing, great coloring :)