INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, January 16, 2012

Comparing the Copic Grey markers

Even though I've done videos using each of the grey families to achieve the color black, I was still getting questions about how they compare to each other. So I thought it would be helpful to create a side by side chart, by coloring The Greeting Farm's Creeper Madden's hair in all four grey color families. I think you can really get a sense of the different qualities of each one.



As you can see the Cool Greys have a much more metallic and shiny finish compared to the Warm Greys on the opposite end, which almost look brown.

9 comments:

Mary Brockway said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! So helpful to see them side-by-side. THANKS!!!

Leanne said...

Awesome Amy! I need to do a chart like this for all the hair colors! thanks for sharing what you use.
;)

Carisa said...

I love this - you can really see the difference when they are next to each other like this. :D

SuiLan said...

This is so helpful... Thanks Amy!

Cindy H. said...

Thank you, Amy! What a cool reference to have. Now I need more greys in my coloring arsenal :)

Tigriswillreign said...

I love it when you have pictures in the post instead of just videos... then I can Pin the color combos on Pinterest! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
thanks for all your wonderful tutorials. They are so helpful :) I would love to see all your hair combos as a chart, you know in your spare time lol Thanks Amy and keep up the great work.

Roxy said...

This is fantastic, thanks sooooooo much!!!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Thanks for the info and all the awesome tips on your blog!! You've been pinned! lol

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx